The Greater Bay Area Chapter of the AFSA began in 1998 with a vision to bring tangible, direct benefits of the AFSA to the local members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Dallas, TX is a long way off and we felt the members here needed more from their membership. The on–line help, technical information, informal interpretations and articles in the Sprinkler Age Magazine are a great start. We wanted the chapter benefits to reflect the particular needs and concerns that contractors here in the Greater Bay Area faced. So, with a Board of directors made up of local Contractor and Associate Members and an Executive Director, we strive every year to bring you the most up-to-date and relevant activities, seminars, meetings, topics and legislative helps you need and want.
1. Local Chapter Meetings with topics that are chosen to help you, the contractor, save money or make money.
2. Up to the minute codes, regulations (like the Fitter Certification), laws and Manufacturers products.
3. A gateway to the National AFSA Association.
4. Networking and introductions to new people, new ideas and new products.
5. Participation in events where you have a chance to give back to the Fire Sprinkler Community – like the Annual Charity Golf Tournament benefiting Burn Victims, the bowling tournament, annual go-karting event, the Oktoberfest Apprentice Competition and Manufactures Presentation, CEU classes, and so much more.
Chairman- David Karrick with Aegis Fire Systems Inc, Pleasanton
Vice Chairman- Willard McCune with JCI, Livermore
Secretary/Treasurer- Charlie Quickert with Sure Fire Protection, Fremont
Member- Shawn Gray with Lund Pearson McLaughlin Fire Protection Systems, Mountain View
Member- Eric Lupercio with Nickell Fire Protection, San Jose
Member- Robert Swanson with Alpha Fire Unlimited, San Luis Obispo
Membership Chair- Charlie Landreth with Victaulic, San Jose