We started with a vision
The Greater Bay Area Chapter of the AFSA began in 1998 with a vision to bring tangible, direct benefits of the AFSA to the local AFSA members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Dallas, TX is a long way off and we felt the membership here needed more from their membership than on–line help, technical information, informal interpretations and articles in the Sprinkler Age Magazine. We wanted the chapter benefits to reflect the particular needs and concerns contractors here in the Greater Bay Area faced. So, with a Board of directors made up of local contractor members and an Executive Director who is also the Training Coordinator of the Merit Shop Apprentice Training Program – the CAFSA, we strive every year to bring you the most up-to-date and relevant activities, seminars, meetings, topics and legislative helps you need and want.
Benefits of membership in the local Chapter – Greater Bay Area
- Local Quarterly Meetings with topics that are chosen to help you the contractor, save money or make money.
- Up to the minute codes, regulations (like the Fitter Certification), laws and Manufacturers products
- A gateway to the national AFSA
- Networking and introductions to new people, new ideas and new products
- Participation in events where you have a chance to give back to the Fire Sprinkler Community – like the Annual Golf Tournament benefiting Burn Victims, the Hayward Apprentice Training Site and educating your local AHJ’s.